Friday, October 3, 2014

PLANETSIDE 2



sony online entertainment

by: Sony Online Entertainment

I had this game for quite a while now and been playing on and off for a few months now. This is a free online fps game developed by Sony Online Entertainment for both the PlayStation and the PC. I'm a PC gamer and would be reviewing the PC version of this game. 

This is truly a remarkable game. Most free games are hodgepodge of hastily designed mechanics and mediocre graphics, but not this game. It could simply give premium/paid AAA titles like Call of Duty a run for their money. This is an always on sci-fi shooter on Auraxium (a planet somewhere). Best part is the persistent environment, the round doesn't just end and restart at the same setting with no consequence whatsoever(looking at you CS) but rather every victory or defeat affects the online world - real time. The bases you captured for your faction benefits you and your comrades giving you an additional base to operate and spawn from and giving you resource advantage. 

A picture is worth a thousand words so take a gander at these beautiful in game screenshots and tell me you aren't impressed:

Vanu base, planetside 2, rocketlauncher, phoenix
Night Scene at a Vanu Base


Terran Republic, Planetside 2, Automatic Rifle
Assaulting a Terran Republic Outpost

I'd give the graphics a 10 :D game play a 100! This game has guns, tanks, aircraft and turrets... I'm bad at this game, when I mean bad, I mean I suck at it hehe (42% K/D ratio) lol but it doesn't stop me from enjoying this game. It's an alternate universe where I can escape and just blast away with my machine gun (who cares if 99% of the bullets hit nothing hehe)
See gameplay (and how bad I am) on this video.





This game doesn't just confine itself into a single genre, you want tank driving games? this game gives you a wide selection of tanks and vehicles, into dogfighting and aircraft? here you can be a fighter, a bomber, a fighter bomber.. Want stealth game, be an infiltrator and use your skills to avoid detection and get those awesome stealth kills. 

Graphics:  10
Audio:         9
Gameplay:  9

Download game here:
https://www.planetside2.com/home






No comments:

Post a Comment